found a ten year old presentation in the web - 'Software Testing.Past, Present, and Future'. from today's point of view - the whole presentation is already past. check and agree with me that the date mayb be changed to 2008. many things detailed there are still true.
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
1. Identify test cases for each module
2. Write test cases in each executable step.
3. Design more functional test cases.
4. Clearly identify the expected results for each test case
5. Design the test cases for workflow so that the test cases follow a sequence in the web application during testing. For example for mail applications say yahoo, it has to start with a registration process for new users, then signing up, composing mail, sending mail etc.
6. Security is high priority in web testing. Hence document enough test cases related to application security.
7. Develop a trace ability matrix to understand the test case coverage with the requirements
just a paste form the article. What i already do - 1, 2, 4. 3 - do not understand what the auhtor means. long worflow is rather rear - 5, 6- seldom do security testing - only authorization and roles. 7 would be a good practise - but that is a must only for bigger projects. missed one requirement in test cases set in a current project, and the developers answer is - no time for that now...